Friday 30 July 2010

Style Icon: Janelle Monáe




Beautiful. Talented. Chic. Jazz singer Janelle Mon
áe is one of my favourite artists right now. Not only are her songs catchy but her unique style and fun attitude is what I love most about her: she is confident in herself and the clothes she wears and she looks sharp in them.





Masculine-inspired dressing has been a favourite of mine ever since I can remember, I love the effect fitted cigarette pants tapered at the ankle and a good tailored blazer has on the silhouette. I absolutely adore the cape in the second photo, the decorative trim harks back to military dress and is eye catching without screaming for attention.




Her trademark monochrome brogues are incredible! Many people in fashion have a love/hate relationship with these shoes but I have always had a real passion for them: they are fun, formal and a little bit cheeky. The perfect choice for Autumn/Winter 2010.




x

No comments:

Post a Comment