Saturday 21 August 2010

Inspirational Fashion Figure: Otto von Busch


I was on holiday in Devon recently and between shimmying up trees on a harness (fear not, this is a normal family holiday pursuit) and riding round the forest on a Segway I came across a poster for an eco fashion event (look out for the low down on this in a later post) featuring a presentation by fashion 'Hacktivist' Otto von Busch. A designer, artist, activist and fashion theorist who is a PhD candidate of critical fashion design at the University of Gothenburg, Otto is one of the most inspirational people I've ever met.

While his areas of interest are the vastest I've ever come across, Otto gave his presentation on our engagement (or lack thereof) in fashion and the myth of the fashion hierachy in relation to the way of the natural world. I have never come across anyone who can link two subjects that cannot be more different and his enthusiasm and energy were catching. I can safely say I have found my role model!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment